Please search the links below or contact us if you need further help.
Help, I have no connection to the Internet
Loss of connection may happen for several reasons, but usually means that some device on your home network has lost connectivity.
Check the following:
1. Make sure the power adapter (also called Power over Ethernet or POE, i.e. that 2 inch square white box with the green light in the middle usually mounted on the wall next to an electrical outlet) for the roof antenna/radio is plugged in and working. The green light should be ON. If the green light is not on, check to make sure the outlet is working.
2. Make sure the physical network cables are connected to the wall plug, to the computer and to any network devices.
3. Make sure all network devices are plugged in and powered.
If this does not solve the issue do the following:
1. If you have a router, wireless router or other network device, then power cycle the device(s) by unplugging the power. Wait a minimum of 90 seconds and plug the device back in. NOTE: If the router/device is plugged into a power strip, power cycle the router/device itself not the power strip.
2. Power cycle the roof antenna (also called “the radio”) by unplugging the power adapter to the PoE device. Wait a minimum of 90 seconds and plug the device back in. NOTE: If the power adapter is plugged into a power strip, power cycle the power adapter itself not the power strip.
3. Make sure the Internet and network settings for your computer are correct (i.e. the check block is enable for Internet connection) and reboot your computer. If none of these work to restore your Internet connection then please call Technical Support - 804-436-9434.
PRINT THIS ARTICLE AND KEEP IT HANDY FOR REFERENCE WHEN YOU CANNOT MAKE AN INTERNET CONNECTION!
« View more Articles..?